We’ve been to see our reproductive immunologist to fully discuss our test results. From an immunological perspective it turns out there are a few more issues than we initially thought.
Here are the bullet points for his diagnosis :
• Raised NK cells in general blood stream
• Raised NK cells in the womb lining
• Leukocyte Antibody Detection panel too low
Here’s what he’s suggesting as treatment :
• 25mg Prednisolone daily from CD7 to subdue the NK cells
• 40 mg Clexane daily from CD7 to encourage the right environment for implantation
• Lymphocyte immunisation therapy LIT (an injection of the Hubs white blood cells under my skin) for my womb to produce antibodies to protect the embryo from rejection and stimulate growth of the placenta. 2x injections 3 weeks apart starting on 21 October, with top up shots every six moths afterwards
• Intralipid infusion (a soy & egg yolk based drip that’s intravenously injected into my bloodstream) once a month, to subdue the NK cells and to stimulate the immune system to remove danger signals that can lead to pregnancy loss
Any of you out there doing this? I’m feeling slightly daunted. Feels like a lot of weird shit is about to be thrust into my body. Except for the LIT. I weirdly find the concept of injecting his blood into mine kind of sweet. Like we are bound by some invisible commonality. Sharing blood is as fundamental as it gets right? And baby makes three? We’ll see…
We didn’t even tell the RI about the AMH situation. I don’t think I could’ve handled much more on that particular afternoon. But also the Hubs is so dismissive of it. I’m trying to put my AMH out of my head for a little while as I wrap my head around the rest. But it’s the dark shadow in the corner that doesn’t go away. For now it can stay there until I’m ready to deal.
We do what we gotta do. Bring on the moonface, the belly bruises, the allergic reactions, the hours spent in a doctors office on an intravenous drip. I’ll do all this like an automaton and then face that bitch AMH. We know how many thousands of other ladies are doing this and so much more everyday if it means the get to have their sweet pea at long last.
Bring it. I’m ready.